Happy Friday everyone! I hope you’re all prepared for tomorrow… I know we still have to get our candy for the neighborhood kids because for the first time four years we’re able to give out candy again.
Why four years? Well, October 2011 we had the infamous Franken-storm that basically cancelled Halloween, and the following year Superstorm Sandy hit and yet again, Halloween was cancelled. Then the past two years we lived in a heavily wooded area on a large hill that no one in their right mind would bring their kids to come trick-or-treating.
Now in our new place, we’re literally surrounded by children, so we will definitely need candy to give out or else be known as the mean neighbors. But that’s the extent of our Halloween… we’re just really not that into it.
In other news, I’m learning to use the mouse with my left hand due to some issues I’m having with my right wrist… but I’m still praying for healing because it’s very hard to edit videos with my left hand. It’s just not as natural.
Anyway, who else is participating in NaBloPoMo? I’m thinking of doing it… I like the idea of 30 straight days of blogging, especially since Blogtember didn’t go so well for me.
- 5 productive things to do when you just have your phone to kill time by Anchored to Sunshine. Very useful tips to keep yourself busy and productive when you only have your phone on you.
- Why you NEED to change locations when you study by Coffee with Kara. I agree with Kara 110%! I noticed that if I studied in a different location for a test, I actually did better. But keeping the same spot got boring and made it harder to concentrate after a while.
- 5 Tips for Contact Lens Wearers by Heavens to Betsy. Just some good tips to keep your contacts clear and fresh, and more importantly… to keep your eyes healthy.
- Things only book lovers understand by See You In A Porridge. Simply because I feel a lot of us can really relate to this.
- Dear Selena Gomez (an open letter) by Kate the (almost) Great. I’m sure you’ve all heard of Selena’s coming out of her struggle with Lupus, and in this open letter Kate is able to connect with the star on a similar level. I just think this was a great post and I wish both Kate and Selena the best.
So there’s my five favorite posts of the week and I think y’all should go and give them a look.
As always, don’t forget to check out the host of Blogger Love, Meagan on All The Joys and give her some blogger love as well!