As you can tell by my 25 Before 25 and Goals for 2015 lists, I like making lists of things I’d like to do in my life. I’ll admit, I’m somewhat slow at achieving some of these goals (and just plain lazy on others), but I feel as though having them public on my blog makes me more likely to actually do them at some point so that I can document the moment… in most cases.
Despite all the things I want to do in my life, there are quite a few things that I have no desire to do. I figured since I like to share my bucket lists with you all, I might as well share my anti-bucket list as well.
- Get a pet rodent, ferret or snake. Honestly, I don’t get the point of pets that don’t cuddle with you, like kittens or dogs. In that case, I might as well add birds to this list too. And I’m not saying you can’t cuddle a ferret, I’m sure most ferret owners do, but they’re not my kind of animal to have as a pet.
- Go to law or medical school. I just have no desire to become a lawyer and/or doctor… plain and simple.
- Become famous for singing. I’ll stick to singing when I’m home alone or driving by myself.
- Finish watching the Twilight movies. After the tragedies that are the first two movies… no thanks.
- Go skydiving. I am in no way adventurous and this just seems like a risk I could never take.
- Go to a Miley Cyrus or Justin Bieber concert. Not even if you offered me millions of dollars.
- Be a contestant in a cooking competition. Please, the only thing I can make at the moment is spaghetti sauce… plus I have no desire to learn fancy recipes that will impress foodie judges.
- Go a month without my phone. I mean, I can go without looking at it for a day or whatever, but for a month? Heck no.
- Do a TED Talk. They can be interesting, and I’m sure someday I’ll have something interesting to share… but I hate public speaking, so… nope.
- Go backpacking in Europe. I’ll visit Europe someday, sure, but I’m not about to travel with only a backpack and have no idea where I’ll end up next.
- Get a root canal. After seeing the pain my mom endured after having one… no way man. I’ll just yank the tooth out if it ever comes to that point and get a fake one later on.
- Gamble in Vegas. Not really my scene or something that I have a burning desire to do in life.
- Learn to surf. I don’t even really like going to the ocean, period. I’d rather take up snowboarding or skiing first.
Now I’m wondering, what’s on your anti-bucket list? Are any of them listed on mine?