Good morning friends!
I’d like to thank Taylor from Taylor Is Reading for tagging me in this blogger award! It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these, and they’re always so fun to do! So go and check out her blog because it’s great!
– Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
– Write a post to show your award.
– Give a brief story of how your blog started.
– Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
– Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
– Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide the link to the post you created.
And here we go!
How I Started
The short version of this story is that after a few attempts of blogging and failing to keep up with it that this was something I really wanted to do. So one day between classes, I created orangeowldiaries – a combo of my favorite color and animal, and ‘diaries’ for the fact that this blog would basically be my online diary. As I continued I started writing more posts that were relevant not only to me, but others, as well as book reviews. And five years later, I’m still writing!
1. Just write, and keep on writing! That’s all I can say. If you keep writing, the readers will come. Also, share your posts – make your blog known if you want. Even if you don’t, someone will eventually stumble upon your blog and see your writing.
2. Don’t get into blogging for the money… because there really isn’t that much if you’re a paid blogger anyway. A lot of people want to get into blogging for “easy money.” Well, babes, it’s not that easy. I mean, I don’t make any money at all with my blog, I’ll tell you that right now. But I love writing on my blog and connecting with others, which is really what blogging is all about – connecting, not money.
I Nominate The Following Awesome Bloggers:
- 5171 Miles Book Blog
- The Mundane Teenage Life
- The Introverted Book Nerd
- BreakEven Books
- A Very Bookish Girl
- Nut Free Nerd
- Books Coffee and Repeat
- The Giraffe Files
- The Literary Phoenix
- Confessions of a YA Reader
- Kristin Kraves Books
- Hit or Miss Books
- Coffee Cocktails and Books
- That Bookshelf Bitch
Thanks again Taylor! And for the rest of you, thanks for reading my blog and go and check out the bloggers I tagged above!
Published by Tabitha G. Kelly
I'm a librarian, avid reader, a Ravenclaw, and the author of the Young Adult novel, Standing By. My free time is spent being as creative as I can... or binge-watching shows on Netflix.
View all posts by Tabitha G. Kelly
8 thoughts on “Blogger Recognition Award”
Thanks a ton for the nomination and congratulations on the Award!
Thanks so much for the nomination, Tabby! I am honored that you thought of me. Sadly, I have to pass, as I already have this award. Hope you get lots of responses, as it is always nice to read about our fellow bloggers. :)
Thank you so much! 😊
Thanks for the nomination and for thinking of me! I’ll get mine up soon, loved reading your advice
Awesome, can’t wait to see it! :D