What a wonderful surprise it was yesterday morning to wake up and find an email in my inbox from Ann of Grubbs n’ Critters telling me that she nominated my blog for the Liebster Award! I am so grateful that you chose my blog as one of your eight and I honestly cannot thank you enough!
Naturally, I have seen this award floating around and my first thought was, ‘What in the world does liebster mean?’ Luckily for me, quite a few of my fellow bloggers have already looked into this and it turns out that liebster is a German word meaning “dearest, sweetest, kindest, beloved” and so on. The Liebster Award is meant for bloggers that have a following of under 200 followers, so it’s for fairly newer bloggers. I think this is great for the blogging community and for us to really connect with each other.
Just as it is with other awards floating around the blogosphere, there are a few rules that come with them. So let’s get on with them, shall we?
The Rules of the Liebster Award:
- Put the Liebster Award logo on your blog.
- Answer the questions given and then come up with 10 new ones to ask your nominations.
- Nominate 8 other blogs, let them know you have nominated them and put a link to their blog in your post.
- No tag-backs.
- You must tell all the blogs that you have nominated them.
My Questions From Ann:
- Describe yourself in 3 words. Introvert. Eccentric. Adorable (or so I’m told).
- How did you decide the name of your blog? I love this question. It was a dark and stormy night… okay, maybe it wasn’t. I had tried to write a diary back in the day and it happened to be in this orange notebook with an owl on it. When I decided I was going to be writing a blog that was basically my online diary, well, why not orange owl diaries? Especially for the fact that orange is my favorite color and owls are my favorite animal (you know, before they started appearing everywhere on all sorts of merchandise).
- What do you find challenging when it comes to blogging? Sometimes coming up with new ideas to write about. When I first started this blog two years ago, I would just post little updates of how my day was going, like a diary. However, I wanted to start sharing aspects of my life that were more relatable or came from a lesson I’ve learned in my life. I wanted my posts to have a little more meaning to them. And it’s not always easy to come up with content that I’m going to enjoy writing and people are going to enjoy reading (well, sometimes).
- What’s your pet peeve? Socks and sandals… why has this not been banned yet?
- Last meal before you die – what would it be? Such a hard question! I would have to say… I’d go all out at Olive Garden with salad, breadsticks & lasagna fritta for an appetizer, eggplant parmesan with fettuccine alfredo for my entrée and five of the dark chocolate caramel cream dolcini’s for dessert and a strawberry daiquiri, or two.
- Your Top 3 bucket list. Visit all 50 US states, meet my three long-distance friends in person, and learn American Sign Language.
- Favorite quote? “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- Cats or Dogs? Cats!
- One thing about you that readers don’t know. Fun fact, I had my appendix removed when I was a baby because my doctors found that it was on the wrong side.
- What’s your take on bloggers’ award such as this? I think these blogger awards are great. It’s a fun way to share other blogs and it’s always a good feeling when a blogger gets recognized for doing what they love to do.
And Your Questions Are…
- If you had the chance, would you rather see what your future holds or relive any moment in your past?
- What do you love about writing?
- If you were stranded on an island with only one book what would it be?
- What are some awards you’ve received in your personal life?
- Top 5 most played songs in your music library.
- What movie reminds you of your high school years?
- If you didn’t live where you are now, where would you be living?
- What time era would you love to visit?
- Name a candy you cannot resist.
- Do you prefer a physical book or an eReader?
Again, I am truly grateful to have been nominated for the Liebster Award and I hope you’ll be so kind as to check out my nominees because to put it simply, their blogs rock!
On a site note, I normally do not post on Sundays, but I couldn’t contain my excitement!