As I slowly morph this blog into a lifestyle/book blog, I will be doing a few more book-related posts that aren’t necessarily reviews. This would be one of them.
Since tags are common among bloggers when we’re feeling uninspired or just want to have a little fun, I decided to look up book tags. I found this one on Things Eric Reads and thought it was a good one to do for my first book tag post.
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
I never used to, so I doubt I would now.
2. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter. No contest. Why?
1. Amazing story overall, and one that isn’t centered on romance.
2. The adventure the series takes you on.
3. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
4. Do you smell your books?
Not really, no. Or at least, not intentionally.
5. Books with or without little illustrations?
I don’t mind illustrations on the new chapter pages (like in Harry Potter)
6. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke.)
Basically the Twilight example, only I did read Harry Potter first and it was a few people talking out the writing style of Twilight that made me go back and realize, yeah… not so amazing.
7. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
When I read A Time For Dancing before sophomore year of high school, I went blueberry picking with my dad and stepmom and on the way there and back I was reading in the car. If you don’t know, the book is very sad, so I was crying (I mean, like bawling) when my dad dropped me off at the restaurant my mom managed and the first thing she says to him is (half-joking), “What did you do to her?” but before he answered I told her it was the book.
It’s probably not that funny, but it’s a story that I have from reading… so there you go.
8. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
The 5 Love Languages
9. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
10. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I do. I write both original fiction and fanfiction. I always thought I’d be an author someday because I’ve literally been working with the same characters since middle school, but I haven’t really pursued it since my first year of college. Maybe someday.
11. When did you get into reading?
Not really sure. I’ve been reading for as long as I can remember. So, definitely since elementary school.
12. What is your favorite classic book?
The Great Gatsby (because it’s the only classic I can think of that I’ve read)
13. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
One of them. It was a neck-and-neck tie with English and Math.
14. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
I would say thank you and give the book to someone who would like it or donate it to the library.
15. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
Private by Kate Brian.
16. What is your favorite word?
17. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
18. Vampires or Fairies?
19. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Bookmark. Always a bookmark.
20. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Even though I read a lot of things with love triangles, I prefer the forbidden love because I honestly get angry with characters who are in a love triangle (well, most times).
21. One book at a time or several books at once?
Depends. Lately it’s one book at a time since I finish the book in about 5 days or less. If I happen to have two going at a time, it’s usually a fiction and a non-fiction… otherwise I’ll forget which story is which.
22. Can you stop reading at any part of the book or does it have to be the end of the chapter?
It has to be the end of the chapter.
23. Do you write in a book?
24. Can you read while listening to music/watching tv?
I can 99% of the time. My friends used to think I was crazy when I’d have my iPod on and be reading. Reading in complete silence bothers me.
25. Do you read out loud or silently in your head?
Silently. I hate reading out loud.
BONUS QUESTION: Physical book, e-book or audio book?
Ahhh, this question! Okay, so audio books are a big, fat no. I like e-books because it’s easy to bring along for vacation or wherever, but I’m more comfortable reading a physical book.
And that’s all folks! Those are my answers to the ultimate book tag, and if you’re a bookworm like myself, I’d like to see your answers to this tag (or any other book tag you do).