Happy Friday everyone! I know that Friday isn’t always the end of the workweek for most people, myself included, but there is a sense of peace that comes with it being Friday. I can’t tell you why that is, but I just know it’s there.
Today I’ll be doing the Reading Habits Tag that I found on Dreamland Book Blog as my “R” entry for April. I kid you not, the first word I thought of for a post was ‘read’ so I’m going with it. No overthinking today.
1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading? Two places. I like to read on the couch near the window when it’s light out. The second place is my bed, usually before I go to sleep.
2. Bookmark or random piece of paper? I’m a bookmark girl.
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter? I prefer stopping after a chapter, but if there are page breaks within a chapter and I have to stop, I’ll stop there. I really hate it when a book (*cough*The Circle*cough*) doesn’t have chapters at all.
4. Do you eat or drink while reading? I don’t usually eat because it gets messy trying not to smudge pages, but I always have something to drink – either water, coffee, or tea.
5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading? I sometimes have the TV on as background noise, unless it gets distracting. Music has to be instrumental otherwise I’ll burst out singing.
6. One book at a time or several at once? I used to be able to juggle two or three, but now I just rather focus on one at a time.
7. Reading at home or everywhere? If I have time to read, no matter where I am, I’ll read.
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head? Silently. It’s bad enough I talk to myself sometimes. I don’t need to read to myself too.
9. Do you read ahead or skip pages? Never.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new? Keeping it like new if I can.
11. Do you write in your books? No, and that’s the one thing I hate about buying used books. It gets frustrating to see little notes or underlined words while I’m reading. It throws me off.
1. When do you find yourself reading? Morning, afternoon, evening, when you get a chance or all the time? Whenever I get the chance – that’s why I always keep a book with me.
2. What is your best setting to read in? Outside in a camping-lounge chair. I only get to read like this a few days a year because it’s only when I’m camping with my dad and step-mom. Otherwise I like to be warm and near natural lighting.
3. What do you do first – Read or Watch? 99.9% of the time, read. The only time I saw the movie before reading was for the first Hunger Games movie because a friend of mine really wanted to see it and he was in town for only one day.
4. What form do you prefer? Audiobook, eBook, or phsyical book? Physical book is my top preference, but I do have quite a few of ebooks on my NOOK. Audiobooks are not for me.
5. Do you have a unique habit when you read? Nothing that I know of.
6. Do book series have to match? Yes!! Unfortunately I have some that don’t, and I guess it’s kind of cool to see how they’ve changed, but I definitely prefer a matching set than mixed. And that includes having either all hardcover or all paperback.
Those are pretty much all my reading habits! Nothing too weird and in fact, they’re probably all common ones. Except having the TV on as background noise… I’m not sure if a lot of other people do that. If you do, let me know so I’m not alone!
And if you want to do this tag, comment with your link so I can also read your posts!
11 thoughts on “Reading Habits Tag”
I am putting this on my list of blog ideas for the future because I like the idea and questions. I will answer some now though. I will write in books I own sometimes. I like the comments I find in used books and therefore hunt out second hand stores to find them. I read any time and any where I have a chance.
Here’s one more question – if there is a book series, do you need to read them in order? I have a terrible habit of wanting to read the first book first, and so on. That way, as relationships develop, so does my interest. Your thoughts? Found you on the A to Z Challenge. http://www.dianeweidenbenner.com
I do have to read them in order and prefer to. Only once I read the second book of a series first by accident because I didn’t realize it was a part of a series! Lol.
These are fun reader questions
For some reason my comment posted before I was done. *sigh* I was going to say these are fun reader questions that most people don’t think to ask. I love them, and I agree with you that physical books are the best!
They are! I get that having ebooks is useful for traveling and moving, but nothing beats holding and turning the pages of a physical book!
I sometimes have the tv on in the background. Usually it is a show that I find kind of boring but here is a story thread running through it and I have trouble quitting the show before I find out how it ends. Girl Who Reads
I either put something on that I have no interest in or a rerun of a show I know by heart – like The Middle or Friends
They are great questions and they remind us why we love to read. Glad you shared. Happy weekend to you too!
A Piece of Uganda
This tag is pretty cool. I’m new to the WordPress world and this would be a great post.
After reading your answers I noticed I fall in the same boat as you for many. But FYI I don’t have the TV on when I read haha.